Quebec Experience Class Immigration Program
Experience Class Immigration Program Quebec
Under the Quebec Experience Class Immigration Program, there are two categories: one program is for foreign students, and the other is for temporary foreign workers.
Immigrating to Quebec under any immigration category involves a two-step process. The first step is to apply for the Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) (Certificat de Selection du Quebec). After receiving the CSQ, the applicant must then submit their application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) before the Permanent Resident Visa can be issued.
Eligibility for the Quebec Experience Class Immigration Program for foreign students:
- Have a degree/diploma from a recognized institution (Quebec Ministry of Education) within 36 months of applying;
- Have studied in Quebec at said institution for a minimum of 1,800 hours (two years); and
- Have successfully completed an advanced intermediate level French course at a recognized Quebec educational institution; or
- If studies were not completed in French, applicants must prove their French ability through a standardized language test (recognized by the Quebec government).
Eligibility for the Quebec Experience Class Immigration Program for foreign workers:
- Possess a minimum of 1 year’s (12 months) experience in a professional, skilled, or managerial occupation within 24 months of submitting their application;
- Are currently employed and have legal status in Quebec when they apply for the program;