Spouse and Common-law Sponsorship – Canada Immigration
Canada Application – Spouse and Common-law Sponsorship
Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their eligible spouse (husband or wife) or common-law partner to live in Canada as a permanent resident. An eligible permanent resident sponsored family member can live in Canada indefinitely, work and go to school. The sponsored family member is also eligible to receive benefits such as healthcare, subsidized schooling and other benefits. Under the Spousal and Common-law Sponsorship in Canada or outside Canada Application.
Eligible Family members who can be sponsored for Canadian Permanent Residency Under the Spousal and Common-law Sponsorship in Canada or outside Canada Application includes:
- spouse (husband or wife),
- same sex spouse (husband or wife),
- common-law partner,
- conjugal partner or fiancé, (in a romantic relationship with the sponsor but is unable to live with them due to circumstances outside their control such as sexual orientation or legal barriers)
- dependent child,
- spouse’s or common-law partner’s dependent child,
- grandchild who is still a dependent.
Sponsor Your Spouse to Canada – wife husband and common law partner.
Sponsored spouses and common-law partners who received Canadian permanent residency and have been in a spousal or common-law relationship for 2 years or less must continue to live together in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for a minimum of two years after their permanent residence application is approved.
Spouse and Common-law Sponsorship – Canada Application process
The process to bring your sponsored spouse or common-law partner to Canada as permanent resident is two parts.
- The Sponsor: Canadian citizens or permanent residents apply to become a sponsor. Sponsors complete the required forms based on their country of residence. Sponsors must meet the eligibility criteria before submitting the spousal sponsorship application.
- The applicant: to submit an application for permanent residency under the spousal sponsorship program. Spouse or common-law partners can be sponsored from inside Canada, called Inland Sponsorship, or while they are outside Canada, called Overseas Sponsorship. The processing time of Permanent resident applications under the Canada Spousal sponsorship program vary between inland and overseas sponsorship. Applicant under the Spousal sponsorship program are eligible for work-permit if the permanent resident applications is submitted within Canada.
The process of bringing your loved husband, wife or common law partner to Canada under the Spouse and Common-law Sponsorship in Canada or outside Canada Application process could be complicated. Alghoul immigration lawyers can help you make this process stress free. We will complete the sponsorship application, gather your supporting documents and advise you on the best practice to follow.
Contact Alghoul and Associates Law Firm today:
Our team is here to help!