To be eligible to study in Canada
- You must have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
In some cases, you do not require a study permit to go to school in Canada.
- If you wish to study in a short-term course or program
You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.
- Foreign representatives to Canada
If you are a family member or staff member of a foreign representative to Canada accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD), you may not need a permit to study in Canada. You should contact your embassy in Canada. Your embassy can contact the Office of Protocol at DFATD to find out whether you need a study permit.
- Members of foreign armed forces
If you are a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act, you do not need a permit to study in Canada. If your family members, including minor children, want to study in Canada, they must meet the requirements.
- Foreign nationals who are Registered Indians in Canada
If you are a citizen of another country who has Registered Indian status in Canada, you do not need a permit to study in Canada.
As a result of the way our case has been handled we are actually ahead of schedule with our plans to move to Canada. Mike and the team at Alghoul Law Firm have created a new reality for us. Our sincere and heartfelt thanks to have made this all possible.
Thank you for the help and advice you have given us. It has made what is a very stressful experience a lot less so and we have an end to our dreams of immigrating to Canada now in sight.
The lawyer at Alghoul and Associates Law office got my wife Canadian permanent resident to bring my wife to Canada from China through the Canada Immigration Spousal sponsorship program. They also got my mother super visa so my mom to be here with me and my wife when we are having our first baby girl. The office staff completed the forms and helped gather documents. The law office also communicate directly with Citizenship and Immigration Canada CIC on my behalf and my mother behalf on several occasions to replay and follow up on my application. The lawyer was knowledgeable and staff very friendly and helpful. Thank you for everything
I had a very nice meeting with an immigration consultant at Alghoul Law and Associates. They explained to me the international study program leading to permanent residency through the Manitoba MPNP. Also I received advice on the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Business program. Consultation was FREE and Alghoul team was very friendly and knowledgeable.